Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hope for Sugar









At the local Animal Control Shelter (aka-the pound), a poor little puppy was picked up. They quickly contacted us when they saw this little angel's personality and the condition that she was in. I rushed up there and there I saw my Sugar. She is a white, with a little brown, wire hair terrier mix. She is just barely a year old and weighs in at only 23 Lbs.
When I arrived at the Animal Control, the officers had kept her in the office with them until I got there. Then I saw it. A choke chain collar grown INTO her neck. And yet, she was still running around and giving kisses to anyone that would have them. I quickly threw her in the car and took her to the vet. There, they had to literally cut the chain out of her neck and stitch her neck shut.
We gave her some pain medications to help ease her pain and some antibiotics to help heal the horrible infection she obviously had going. Animal Control, due to the strict restrictions that are placed on them, are not able to definitely prove ownership, so therefore, they are unable to press charges against the heartless people that did this to our sweet little Sugar.
She has now been spayed and vaccinated and is up for adoption and I know in no time at all, this darling angel is going to find her forever, loving home. Thanks to the caring officers for picking her up and calling us to help her, there is now hope for Sugar.

No comments: